Friday, August 26, 2005

TGI Friday ...

TGI Friday .. today my team leader in UK assigned me a ticket which will be my first little task in this company, I am of course happy to take it and I'm also a little nervous, but Ian explained to me what's the exact problem is and I believe I can take care of it in a jiff.

So I took off around 6, and took a bus .. forgot which number la ... that destinated at Waterloo Station. You can take the EuroStar train to France, and I can see people lining up going thru custom, and that reminds me how HK people line up to go in to China before.

Oh btw .. initially I thought I'd go to Hyde Park Corner tonight to listen to people's talk ... but my co-worker said it's not Friday ... so I decided to visit somewhere else instead ... and Webminster, Big Ben, London Eye and also Millinenium Bridge would be my destination for tonight.

I always like to get lost somehow and then "discover" new thing ... Ops, I did it again. I left the Waterloo station and saw the circular IMAX Theatre and I walk toward some square and I suddenly got this bright sunlight from my right hand side, and here I'm ... I can see the sun THRU the London Eyes .. This is quite impressing ... While I was struggling whether I should get a ticket and hop on the London Eyes ... I couldn't find the ticket booth .. it's alrite, I am not gonna go then.

I walked quickly over the bridge and saw the Big Ben, the Parliament and the Webminster Abbey. I walked along the street and I saw whole bunch of government building, I believe they're Whitehall ... which is where the Prime Minister works and I also passed by 10 Downing Street ... All these location are quite familiar to most HK people, and now I am finally gotta see it ...

You know, these places is those people who used to make all different kind of decision for your home town ... and u saw it on TV, on newspaper, and finally I can see it with my real eyes. I continue to walk along, and I passed thru the Horse Army Square or something ... and I see this really nice entry ... I guess it's those Gothic building, but I think it's really nice ... passing thru it, I saw Trafalgar Square plus the Nelson's monument .. there are lots of people just sitting, waiting, feediing bird .. and up there it's the National Gallery and next to it, I found the National Portrait Meseum. I have to pass today, but I'll visit them some weeknights again.

There were really lots of people in Trafalgar Square, lots of shops too. And I feel it's like Mong Kok in Hong Kong. As I continue to walk in the crowd, I saw this TV-tower, so I tried to walk close to get a better picture and I think I walked into the SOHO area once again. However, this time I think I entered into a different part of SOHO, and I think I finally know why SOHO is "attractive" to some people ... I was asked "Darling, wanna come up?" once ... haha ... of course, I didn't stay too long and return to the sqaure and get some food.

I finally had the Fish and Chips today ... now I know how bad it can be, heehee. After that, I went back to the Webminster Abbey and the Big Ben area to take a few night shots .. You know, at first I dun feel the London Eye has nothing special before I see it with my eyes, but today and tonight ... i realize it's beautiful and I am delighted that it'll be in London for at 20 years more.

I walked along the Thame Path and waked thru so many different bridges, like Hungerford Bridge, which looks kinda cool from outside. But I like millineium bridge the most, because it's a path to St. Paul ... it's a pedestrian-only bridge and when you walk on it ... I just feel like I'm walking on the corridor in the church ... you know, it'd be really interesting if my future wife will be walking along this isle and get married in St. Paul's ... although I think it'll take her and her dad 30-40 minutes to walk from this side til the altar .. haha ... just a crazy idea ... that pretty much ended my wonder night .. and my legs were in great pain.

1 comment:

piccapooh said...

heehee.. so you think it will take 30-40 min..i think maybe it will take more than that..cause you know the gown is really heavy, and it will weigh her down..and I think probably she will get sidetracked and want to look at something else, or take some pics... : P