Monday, August 22, 2005

Arriving London ...

Today I finally arrived at London. Now staying in a okay comfy hotel room typing the blog. This trip begins with a quite unpleasant situation, Northwest went on strike, 1st flight was delayed for about 30 something minutes while I only had about 5 minutes to walk from 1 gate to another gate. And while I was considering myself lucky that I got on the London plane .. I didn't know my luggage was still lag behind, EVEN my 2nd flight wasn't able to depart with 1 hour delay. That made me waited in the baggage claim area for quite a long time searching my bag and also fill out the application form for them to transfer my bag to my hotel "tomorrow" with my finger crossed.

Another strange thing happened during custom, they somehow evaluate my entry very very carefully. They somehow have to copy my passport, my greencard .. and they asked so much question about my position in mBlox, and why I'm here and what exactly I'll be trained on. So strange ah .. I was worried that some stupid terrorism was using my name ... I guess not ...

So then after get out of the baggage claim with only my laptop bag .. i bought a train ticket to London Bridge, where I can take tube to Old Street station. He only told me to go to Platform 4 ... and then ... nothing. But I somehow spotted a train opposite to us when we stopped at our 2nd stop that has "ThameLinks" on it ... and my ticket also says "Route: ThameLinks ONLY" ... so i quicky hopped on to that train and asked one of the passenger ... and he said this would be right train. So I successfully arrived London Bridge station within 15 minutes.

I dunno if they're being unpolite, or I really looked like an idiot ... I totally forgot that I need to "get out" of the train station before "getting into" the tube station .. so before i got out of the train station, i saw these gates then i asked those ppl where I'm going to get ticket ... and surprisingly they pointed me to somewhere ... of course leading to nowhere .. and afterall ... i figured out I need to use the train ticket to "get out" ... so I tried and doesn't work, and then I turned to this Indian-English guy asking him why my ticket can't go thru ... he then pointed at the sign and said impolitely, "Look at the sign ..". FINE ..

anyway ... w/o luggage, i need to use the towel, the razor, the soap from the hotel .. and I have to rush to Marks and Spencer for some underwear, socks and new clothes to wear ... what a waste ... sigh. And tonight I had Indian food .. it's okay ... and the chinese food for lunch .. hm .. cheap lor ... hehe.

No comments: