Thursday, August 25, 2005

St. Paul's Cathedral



Hm ... I had chinese food for lunch again ... the 4-pound lunchbox from downstairs. I am so sleepy today which I pretty much fell asleep during the meeting, and it's a 1-on-1 meeting with a russian guy in our team. I was writin and all of the sudden I dunno what i"m writing ... and then I accidentally close my eye and I woke myself up and trying reallly hard to hold my pen and keep writing ... I didn't know one can still write while he's sleeping .. haha ... pretty funny, and I dun even know if he noticed or not too ...

oh well ... so my luggage finally arrived at my hotel and I finally get to use my own towel and make the hotel more like a home now. And since i don't need to buy any new clothes, I can go out and walk around the city ... first place to go is the restaurant my sister suggests ... Smith around Chatterhouse .. i finally got there with 20 something walk plus getting lost ... haha .. it's just my nature to get lost .. I found it !!! But it's a very crowded pub .. and I really dun
wanna be in a pub by myself ... people are really loud and environment is really crowded .. people dressed nicely standing everywhere yelling at each other ... i really want a quiet sitdown place to eat ...

anyhow, I kept walking around trying to find another place to eat ... and London is such an amazing city, it always gives you some surprises ... after walking around/getting lost for about 20 minutes, I saw a nice chapels far away ... and i later on found out it's the famous St. Paul's Cathedral. It's HUGE, and pretty ... too bad one side of it ie being remodeled so it's covered. And I found this little ramen place at the corner ... and I had the worst ramen in my whole life ... even worse than the Nissin one .. and I grabbed some california rolls for 'siu yeah' .. and the little bag of wasabi costs me 10 pence ...

I walk to the nearby tube station ... and figured out how much i need to pay and which platform I should go to .. and which station i need to change trains ... but as i said, it always gives u some surprise ... the train driver announced the Tower something station is closed ...

(nowadays they close station very frequently if they see any unattended bags or items), so I figured out I can get off 1 station earlier and I can walk "internally" to another line ... hm ... but when I arrive ... the station has some smoke and some strange smell ... I right away associated the closure of that station and this smoke ... the train came by and I hopped on it w/o further worrying. And I"m safe at hotel typing now ...


No comments: