Wednesday, August 24, 2005

2nd Day here ...

I got quite a lot of sleep last night and I guess that's why I can't put myself to sleep until 12 tonight. Today, noting interesting happened, my lulggage is still stucked in Minnesota ... 'cos the Northwest strike cancelled the flight to London. They said they'll deliver it to me tomorrow, we will see.

Free breakfast at the hotel ... and after that trying to "rush" to work, which is something I haven't done for a while since I left Hong Kong ... and ppl here do walk fast ... but it's really cool ... a really good feeling and just feeling like I'm walking to work in Central ..

I ate Pret sandwiches for lunch .. later I found out that this store is everywhere in the city ... I guess they're much like subyway or mcdonald in US. Price is decent, I ordered a chocolate crossiant 'cos I dun think that sandwiches is enough for me ... plus order an interesting orange juice .. not sweet at all ...

my co-worker gave me direction to H&M store on Oxford Circus ... and I can take Bus-55 right outside of my hotel and get there for only 20 minutes. I shopped at H&M until the last minutes, 'cos I really really need to get 1 new clothes or even a pair of "trousers" if I can ... so I ended up picking a striped sweater .. whatever, i just hv to keep my finger crossed for my luggage to really arrive tomorrow.

And I walked around the Oxford circus ... and accidentally passed by lots of italian restaurant and pubs .. and I think it's the so-called SOHO area. I wanna go try those pubs, but usually they're very crowded and it will look quite stupid for me to wait there alone ... so I decided to walk even further ... and I arrived China Town accidentally ... i guess everything is kinda close by .. and I decided to find a restaurant in China town for dinner ... i know it wont' taste good, but what the heck ... I should at least tried before I made comment ... rite ?

So it turns out to taste okay ... and I walked back to the oxford Circus and took the same bus back to hotel ... if the luggage arrive tomorrow night ... then I can go to somewhere but not clothing stores ... I guess I wanna go check out the Westminister abbey or London Bridge at night ... will see ... or I should go back to Oxford Circus again to get something for Di Di ... not sure la ...

No comments: