Thursday, August 25, 2005

Another Nice day of London

I had lunch in an English pub ... finally with my team lead and an coworker. I ordered the bangers, which is essentially sausages and smash potatos ... I also ordered a capuccino, which I thought would keep me awake till 5 or 6 ... and of course it didn't do its job, I feel asleep at my desk starting somewhere around 4 o'clock. Not sure if anyone noticed me, but I'm sure some of them did ... I was supposed to read some Perl code and ask as much question since my co-worker is just next to me ... I did ask some, but not much. It's really some smart code that they're doing, which I've never done before. Thanks God for giving me this opporunity.

Tonight's destination ... First, walking on City Road South ... and saw the Bank of England


on the left hand side, the Royal Exchange and the Stock Exchange are close by, although I didn't really see the Stock Exchange, but I"m sure I saw it 'cos according to the map, it's right there .. haha.

So as I walked around and I didn't even notice I am very close to London Bridge ..

I was distracted by the fire trucks that parked next to this little church. And there here I am .. finally the first time seeing the famous Thame river and the London Bridge. A song that we used to sing a lot when we were little ... of course, I"m a little disappointed .. haha ... i thought it would really give you an impression or feeling that it will fall down or something but it's a rigid concrete bridge .. and nothing special compare the the Tower Bridge.

So I walked along the Thame path ... passed a tiny St. Magnus The Martyr Catholic church ...

so tiny that it is "embedded" within the tall building and hotel around it, but u can see the cross on top of its roof from far away. I passed London Tower ...

I heard from my co-worker that it's the place where people get beheaded in the past. And there is a DeadMan's hole ... it's the only place where people can possibly find their friend's "head" after the execution ... sounds scary ah ... I dun think I saw the hole but I could have ... but it was kinda dark and I dun quite wanna see anything "un-usual" ...

Anyway .. I get to the Tower Bridge, it's a really nice bridge and I can see the intersting building - City Hall and next to it is the College of London ... and I can see lots of other interesting thing, like another cool looking building, it's just like those lava lamp ... and I believe it's the Swiss bank or something ... i walked over the bridge and I had dinner in an Italian restaurant ... nothing particular that worth mentioning, after that I just went to take tube back to hotel ...

No comments: