Tuesday, March 28, 2006

"Hm ... Donar kabab ... huh !?"

I guess I'll never and never eat any donar kabab .. or might be all kinds of kabab ...

My co-worker Ian suggested to go to a kabab place for lunch ... the one that is always on my way from hotel to the tube station, so of course I opted in together with Alex. My Russian co-worker Alex also picked the donar kabab and we went back to the office to eat it. It felt kinda strange 'cos they both finished their own kabab in 10 or 15 minutes. But mine is like never-finished ... no matter how fast I eat, it seems the same size .. so they went back to the seat without waiting for me ... and as usual, I'm like a goldfish, not sure when to stop. I had to eat with coke so I can finish more ... oh well.

I started to feel weird about 4 o'clock .. and felt like I wanna go, but can't go ... u know ... and finally I was so tired and went back to hotel at around 6. I threw up heavily ... I don't think I ever done that before ... I felt like I'm one of those "ghost" in those horror movie that spit out tons and tons of water. So my nice contemporary toilet in hotel became a mess, the donar kabab smell that stayed with me for the next 2 weeks were everywhere ...

I decided to call the SOS Worldwide, see how much I get covered if they send a doctor in or if I go to the hospital. And I tried ordering some hot liquid to eat, and un-surprisingly, the only soup they have is CREAM of mushroom .. haha. So I ordered a hot tea ... for my first time ever, like a wealthy person, ordered room service and they charge me 2.5 pounds for tea and 2 pounds for room service. Hm ... a tea-bag tea costs over US $9.

Finally, I think I better go to hospital by cab, so hotel got a cab for me and he just took me to wherever the closet hospital, which I think it's called "Barts and the London". Time was arbout 1040 I think. Dragging my tiring body, I kinda slowly crawled around and see where the A&E is ... it was quite scary at first to me, I was the only Asian while the other patients are mostly arabic ... and some lady carrying a baby cut in line in front of me ... and what can I say ... I don't want to argue ... i just have no strength.


After 20-30 minutes, I finished all the paperworks and they directed me to a waiting area, where I eventually got a chair to lie down after 40 minutes of standing ... and I was on and off slept and hoping htat it's my turn ... i think i started to feel better .. haha ... 'cos I managed to feel thirsty ...

So don't know when ... probably like 1 or 2 in the monring, i finally got to see a nurse, and they took some blood and urine from me for testing. The doctor finally came to see me after an hour of waiting in the room. He wants me to do IV (or drip or watever it's called) for hydration. Since I started to feel much better, i used the cellphone to take some pictures ... it probably means that I'm kinda recovered.

So they don't know what happpened, but since I have to wait for the blood result to come back ... I have to stay ... so I lied in the bed for 1 hour and half ... and I walked down and asked them when I can go ... and then sent me back .. haha ... so i stayed again and the nurse came by and told me that i am going to the ward ... gosh ... oh well, later I found out from the doctor that someone in A&E was disturbing other patients, so they want to send me away .. haha, it's really quite something.



Anyway ... i got into this single bedroom ... and slept on and off, in between nurse came in and check my temperature. I think around 6 0r 7, the light was all ON and 3 doctors came in with a nurse. I thought something bad must have happened to me ... then one of the doctor checked my body and asked me questions ... and of course, the same thing after everyone see my chart, "Hm ... Donar kabab ... huh!?"

She discharged me finally but I still have to wait for the nurse to come by and take off the IV tube for me ... so I waited and a non-brit lady stop by and asked me what kind of breakfast i want ... and she mumbled something, and I heard congee ... :D Without any hesitation, I want congee .. haha .. i was so surprised that a hospital in London has congee ... oh well .. a congee is actually


Anyway, i tasted 2 spoon and I had to give up ... sorry ... the same lady came back for the used bowl and she was so disappointed to see my almost-full-bowl ... she said to me, "oh ... u didn't like my congee ... argh ... it's my first time making it ... ". Oh well ...

So I finally got to leave the hospital and I called a cab and headed back to the hotel and stayed there for the day ... I asked my boss whether Alex has any problem ... his response is "he can't be any stronger" ... :D

"Hm ... Donar kabab ... huh !?"

No comments: