Friday, March 31, 2006

Brussels, Beligum (arriving from UK via EuroStar)

I managed to get out early enough from work and arrived at the Eurostar station on time. So I quickly browsed around the food court and see if I can get anything good to eat. There was no surprise and I can't find anything good to eat. So I only grabbed some pastries and thought there is something to eat on the train.



Next time, I know I'll go to the tuck-shop-like stall on the train to buy food before the train even departs. Most of the normal food was gone and the pesron in front of me bought the last sandwiches ... so I finally only got a chocolate cake and a cup of tea.

So I arrived the Gare Du Central station, with the experience of my last Paris' trip, I was very cautious going to which platform and getting on which train with the confusion of French. Interesting enough, this main station has 2 types of train .. one kind (likes the muni here or LRT in HK) goes thru the middle of the platform and the other kind (likes our Bart or MTR in HK) goes thru the side of the platform. So that takes me a while to figure out and I still went on the wrong one 'cos they don't list all the station somehow ...



At around 12 o'clock, I finally arrived on the West-End of the city, which later I discovered that it's like a more "hip" or wealthier side of city, that's full of nice boutique and restaurant. Picture shown was taken right at the surface of underground the next morning. Quick is the Beligum clone of "McDonald", but more popular and localized than "McDonald".

No comments: